This is the quickest and most comfortable way to travel to Arugam Bay. Be aware though that taxi prices in Sri Lanka are increasing rapidly every year.
The one way price for a good quality ac minivan with English speaking driver should be $125-$135 depending on whether it is high or low season. Of course there will be cheaper offers available but be aware that many are poorly maintained and the drivers are sometimes lacking in professionalism and reliability. Follow the link to request a quote from all the local operators that monitor this site.
Find a Driver on Facebook
This Facebook group (opens in a new window) is a great way to ask multiple drivers for a quote.
We now run the largest island-wide taxi-sharing website srilankataxishare.com (opens in a new window). Please help support this initiative by using and sharing with friends. The comments sections below is closed; please use the website link above.
- Bandaranaike Airport to Colombo
- Colombo to Arugam Bay by Bus
- Colombo to Arugam Bay by Train and Bus via Ella or Badulla
- Colombo to Arugam Bay by Train and Bus via Batticaloa
- Colombo to Arugam Bay by Luxury Bus via Akkaraipattu
- South Coast to Arugam Bay by Bus
- Independent Taxi Share
- Request Taxi Quote